Kaufman Development is seeking an Accounting Manager to join its team. The Accounting Manager will report directly to the Director of Accounting and Asset Management. This role will provide support to the Finance & Accounting team, serving to manage the accounting functions and provide professional accounting services, including, creating, implementing, enforcing, and monitoring compliance with company-wide accounting policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All entity accounting for both stable operating entities and projects under construction.
- Provide support to property managers in analyzing financial information, and implementation and control of all portfolio property budgets.
- Research and analyze complex transactions relating to acquisitions and financing.
- Record new loans, refinances and construction draws; supply lenders with financial statements as required; review debt service ratios; analyze escrow balances; and submit appropriate paperwork for reimbursement.
- Create financial statements and analyze for multiple entities.
- Complete monthly and quarterly financial statement reporting packages for multiple entities and send financial packages to outside investors.
- Prepare variance analysis reports for each property in portfolio on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Initiate distributions in accordance with LLC operating agreements, as required.
- Review cash accounts and intercompany accounts routinely and supply information regarding funding and cash needs. Ensure cash is available for operational needs.
- Oversight of bank loan reconciliations, and monthly AR and AP Aging.
- Annually review common area maintenance (CAM), real estate tax, and insurance billings on portfolio properties.
- CAM reconciliation and lease-obligation letter creation for commercial tenants.
- Assist with draw packages for submission to construction lender.
- Assist with year-end tax compliance, successfully partnering with an outside CPA firm to prepare all federal income tax returns and all legal and corporate filings for multiple entities.
- Prepare documents and schedules for year-end audit and work with external auditors.
- Evaluate, design, implement, and monitor internal financial controls, accounting processes and policies for efficiency, cost effectiveness, and accuracy.
- Supervise one staff accountant and provide training and leadership in accomplishment of goals and objectives.