Kaufman Development is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join its fast-growing team. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for facilities and maintenance of their assigned community. They will be performing a variety of tasks including: audits, electrical, light carpentry, HVAC, and plumbing. Maintenance Technicians diagnose problems, determine whether to replace or repair parts, test, and make adjustments until the problem is resolved. They will achieve this through a focus on completing work in a timely, effective, and efficient manner, with quality craftsmanship, while managing positive relationships with residential tenants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Represent and promote the Core Values of Kaufman Development.
● Maintain the Community’s appearance to Kaufman Developments standards.
● Model a high-quality standard for performance and craftsmanship.
● Conscientious about developing and maintaining vendor and tenant relationships.
● Complete monthly and annual preventative maintenance plans.
● Complete all resident requests within 24hrs
● Responsible for responding quickly to afterhours on call emergencies and summoning additional assistance as needed.
● Audit and monitor the community,vendors’ work,security systems,lighting,fire extinguishers,elevators, etc.
● Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized shop.
● Enforce all rules and regulations for the community.
● Self-starter capabilities to manage and prioritize multiple different projects concurrently.
● Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth/development.
● Other functions, projects and tasks as designated by the Maintenance Supervisor.
● High School Degree required
● 1-3 years experience in apartment maintenance preferred.
● HVAC Certification preferred.
● Physical requirement of stooping, standing, climbing, and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs.
● Demonstrated flexibility, superior problem-solving skills, and positive attitude are musts.