Kaufman Development is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join its fast-growing team. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for facilities and maintenance of their assigned community. They will be performing a variety of tasks including: audits, electrical, light carpentry, HVAC, and plumbing. Maintenance Technicians diagnose problems, determine whether to replace or repair parts, test, and make adjustments until the problem is resolved. They will achieve this through a focus on completing work in a timely, effective, and efficient manner, with quality craftsmanship, while managing positive relationships with residential tenants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent and promote the Core Values of Kaufman Development.
- Maintain the Community’s appearance to Kaufman Developments standards.
- Model a high-quality standard for performance and craftsmanship.
- Conscientious about developing and maintaining vendor and tenant relationships.
- Complete monthly and annual preventative maintenance plans.
- Complete all resident requests within 24hrs
- Responsible for responding quickly to afterhours on call emergencies and summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Audit and monitor the community,vendors’ work,security systems,lighting,fire extinguishers,elevators, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized shop.
- Enforce all rules and regulations for the community.
- Self-starter capabilities to manage and prioritize multiple different projects concurrently.
- Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth/development.
- Other functions, projects and tasks as designated by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- High School Degree required
- 1-3 years experience in apartment maintenance preferred.
- HVAC Certification preferred.
- Physical requirement of stooping, standing, climbing, and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated flexibility, superior problem-solving skills, and positive attitude are musts.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kaufman Development is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.