Kaufman Development is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join its fast-growing team. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the property and implementing the vision of the Kaufman Development brand. This is achieved by creating an engaging resident experience that is focused on improving residents’ lives, and the community as a whole. They will achieve this through a focus on service and interaction with residents and prospects. All Maintenance Supervisors are required to follow the expectations and responsibilities of their role and lead the way through high performance and superior customer service. The Maintenance Supervisor is a leadership role that is directly responsible for the success of the technicians working under them. This is achieved by investing in the training and development of their team and holding them accountable in a way that promotes consistent high-quality service. They will achieve this through a focus on completing work in a timely, effective, and efficient manner, with quality craftsmanship, while managing positive relationships with tenants, vendors, and subcontractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent and promote the Core Values of Kaufman Development.
- Maintain the Community’s appearance to Kaufman Developments standards.
- Model a high-quality standard for performance and craftsmanship.
- Conscientious about developing and maintaining vendor and tenant relationships.
- Must maintain high standards when managing technician performance and training.
- Develop, implement, and complete monthly and annual preventative maintenance plans.
- Responsible for responding quickly to afterhours on call emergencies and summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Audit and monitor the community, vendors’ work, security systems, lighting, fire extinguishers, elevators, etc.
- Request and review vendor bids for service,
- Lead operations, assign work orders, and provide technical and procedural training to team.
- Oversee and review work performed by the maintenance team.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized shop.
- Enforce all rules and regulations for the community.
- Optimize spending by tracking budget line items and assist in creating Capital Expense improvement lists.
- Self-starter capabilities to manage and prioritize multiple different projects concurrently.
- Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth/development.
- Other functions, projects and tasks as designated by the Property Manager.
- High School Degree required
- 3-5 years experience in apartment maintenance.
- HVAC Certification required
- Physical requirement of stooping, standing, climbing, and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated flexibility, superior problem-solving skills, and a positive attitude are musts.
- Experience managing employee performance, training, and working with vendors or subcontractors.
- Strong knowledge and experience working within a budget, submitting PO’s for purchase approvals, and using online maintenance systems such as Entrata, Yardi, etc.