Kaufman Development’s Controller is responsible for leadership and management of all accounting functions across Kaufman’s corporate entities, development projects, and property-level entities. The Controller leads a team of accounting professionals and takes a lead role in driving process and operational excellence, financial statement preparation and analysis, cash flow projections and strategic analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, Manage, and hold Accountable (LMA) the accounting team, including the assistant controller and/or accounting manager, staff accountant, and any outsourced functions such as payroll and tax
- Lead all accounting functions, including A/P, A/R, JEs, bank reconciliations, month-end, etc
- Oversee the creation of all corporate and property financial statements and reporting, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee and make recommendations on corporate treasury management accounts and relationships
- Oversee Payroll and payroll reconciliation in conjunction with third-party HR firm
- Oversee and monitor corporate and project insurance policy renewals
- Establish and Maintain all internal controls and accounting processes
- Identify, develop and monitor KPIs
- Manage CPA firm partners for preparation & review of all entity tax returns and property audits
- Manage property cost segregation process and vendors
- Execute distribution of K-1s and investor tax communications
- Lead and manage the annual budgeting process
- Lead the bank draw process for construction loan payment applications
- Champion internal process improvements
- Manage various third-party vendors
- Generate analysis and recommendations to optimize both Kaufman and entity-level NOI
- Develop regular cash flow forecasting
- Assist in lender relations
- Analyze property level financials
- Create and analyze tax scenario modeling
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field
- CPA preferred
- Real Estate accounting experience strongly preferred
- Experience coordinating audit activities, managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and real estate project accounting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management or outside partners.
- Knowledge of federal regulations on taxes and reporting.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kaufman Development is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.