careersCommercial Maintenance Technician
Kaufman Development is seeking a Commercial Maintenance Technician to join its fast-growing team. The Commercial Maintenance Technician is responsible for facilities and maintenance of their assigned commercial community. They will be performing a variety of tasks including: audits, electrical, light carpentry, HVAC, and plumbing. Commercial Maintenance Technicians diagnose problems, determine whether to replace or repair parts, test, and make adjustments until the problem is resolved. They will achieve this through a focus on completing work in a timely, effective, and efficient manner, with quality craftsmanship, while managing positive relationships with commercial tenants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent and promote the Core Values of Kaufman Development.
- Maintain the Community’s appearance to Kaufman Development’s standards.
- Model a high-quality standard for performance and craftsmanship.
- Must complete all tenant requests in a quick and orderly fashion.
- Responsible for responding quickly to afterhours on call emergencies and summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Audit and monitor the community, vendors’ work, security and BAS systems, lighting, fire extinguishers, elevators, etc.
- Continually verify all inspection logs are accurate and up to date.
- Track vendor performance and report any issues.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized shop.
- Enforce all rules and regulations for the community.
- Optimize spending and assist in creating Capital Expense improvement lists.
- Complete monthly and annual preventative maintenance for commercial tenants.
- Self-starter capabilities to manage and prioritize multiple different projects concurrently.
- Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth/development.
- Other functions, projects and tasks as designated by the Chief Building Engineer.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kaufman Development is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.