careersArea Facilities Manager
As Area Facilities Manager, you’ll oversee the facilities department to ensure that exceptional experience is being delivered to all residents and tenants through quality maintenance practices. You’ll also serve as a leader in our organization, working alongside the Regional Manager in championing the Kaufman core values and ensuring maintenance teams have the tools, resources and direction to be engaged.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent and promote the Core Values of Kaufman Development
- Oversee maintenance and repair services at all properties, providing assistance to onsite staff or filling in at a property as needed
- Develop new development site maintenance plan and execute in preparation for new site delivery
- Respond, coordinate and facilitate maintenance needs for commercial & retail tenants.
- Oversee capital improvement and renovation projects, including but not limited to; understanding the scope of work, obtaining bids, ensuring budgets are adhered to, monitoring the quality of the work and coordinating vendors.
- Provide guidance and training on projects and preventative maintenance to onsite maintenance staff
- Perform regular property inspections and be willing to address findings with both the site teams and Regional Manager
- Utilize various devices and programs, such as Microsoft suite, Entrata, Smartsheets, etc.
- Evaluate and interview prospective maintenance applicants and make recommendations
- Responsible for facility inspections for quality assurance on a periodic basis. Ensures facility procedures align with local, state, and federal laws.
- Analyze the scorecard and maintenance related financials. Identify trends; provide guidance to improve maintenance operations & efficiency.
- Provide technical training to on-site staff to maximize productivity and strengthen our commitment to developing our team.
- Become a systems expert on all facilities related devices, tools and systems for training and preventative maintenance purposes.
- Lead for emergency response at all sites, coordinating and executing action plans for remediation to the property.
- Create best-in-class process and procedures for department and shares best practices with team
- 6+ years of experience in Property Management
- Ample knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and general residential & commercial building systems.
- Shows exceptional leadership, administrative, communication, and coaching talents.
- Demonstrated flexibility, superior problem-solving skills, and the ability to work in multiple disciplines are musts.
- Exhibits moderate financial and analytical abilities; experience making sound financial management decisions based within budget.
- Demonstrates excellent operational experience with property lease-up or struggling communities.